“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” We present you the best Books and reading quotes collection.
Where would you like to go? We can escape to the white beaches of your fancy. Perhaps, you’d like to break the chains of time. We could do that too. Tell me if it is the past that calls out to you. Tell me if it is the future you belong to. Back and forth, from city to village, past until future, you trust me and I’ll take you there. One page at a time.
It ok sweetheart. I know you are tired. You sit there and I will take you where you want to go.
We can have breakfast, sipping tea amongst the stars. We have lunch with the witches or dine with queens. You and me, together we can take part in history’s most epic deeds. Let your curiosity lead, I am not afraid. We will discover the mysteries hidden in the minds of the greats that have come before us. I see that same excellence in you, through the sparkles of your eyes everytime I open up to you.
You have forgotten more adventures than most have dared. These treasured memories sitting on shelves, waiting for you to remember. Don’t let go. Please don’t ever let go.
Times are changing, they always do. It is what they do. But I am afraid I will lose you to sweeping gust of new technology. They are nothing new, only to you. I tremble that you will begin to believe, that you have less and less time in this world of yours. The rhythm is changing but the song is the same. Never forget, your mind is a virtue too.
Ink is more than a stain on a paper, these sheets you hold are maps. The gold is you and was always yours, I only ask to show you where to look. You are never alone. Keep discovering you in all your favourite books.
Top 49 Books and Reading Quotes:
1. “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” — MARGARET FULLER
2. “Never lend books, no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have lent me.” ― ANATOLE FRANCE
3. “My alma mater was Books, a good library… I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity.” ― MALCOLM X
4. “Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.” ― VERA NAZARIAN
5. “Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.” ― JOHN LOCKE
6. “There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.” ― JOSEPH BRODSKY
7. “Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice: reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author’s words reverberating in your head.” — PAUL AUSTER
8. “Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.” ― CASSANDRA CLARE
9. “No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.” ― ROBERT FROST
10. “The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who’ll get me a book I ain’t read.” — ABRAHAM LINCOLN
11. “A fondness for reading changes the inevitable dull hours of our life into exquisite hours of delight.” — CHARLES DE MONTESQUIEU
12. “Books are like mirrors: if a fool looks in, you cannot expect a genius to look out.” ― J.K. ROWLING
13. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go.” — DR. SEUSS
14. “A house without books is like a room without windows.” ― HORACE MANN
15. “The reading of all good books is indeed like a conversation with the noblest men of past centuries who were the authors of them, nay a carefully studied conversation, in which they reveal to us none but the best of their thoughts.” — RENE DESCARTES
16. “A capacity and taste for reading gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others.” — ABRAHAM LINCOLN
17. “The man who does not read good books is no better than the man who can’t.” — MARK TWAIN
18. “Think before you speak. Read before you think.” ― FRAN LEBOWITZ
19. “One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.” ― CARL SAGAN
20. “You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive.” ― JAMES BALDWIN
21. “A room without books is like a body without a soul.” ― MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO
22. “A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us.” ― FRANZ KAFKA
24. “The book to read is not the one that thinks for you but the one which makes you think.” — HARPER LEE
25. “Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere.” — JEAN RHYS
26. “Books are the compass and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life.” ― JESSE LEE BENNETT
27. “What is reading but silent conversation?” — WALTER SAVAGE LANDOR
28. “The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.” ― OSCAR WILDE
29. “Everything in the world exists in order to end up as a book.” ― STÉPHANE MALLARMÉ
30. “No two persons ever read the same book.” ― EDMUND WILSON
31. “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” ―GROUCHO MARX
32. “Reading a book by someone you respect allows some of their brilliance to rub off on you.” — ROBIN SHARMA
33. “Never judge a book by its movie.” ― J.W. EAGAN
34. “Most of what makes a book ‘good’ is that we are reading it at the right moment for us.” ― ALAIN DE BOTTON
35. “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” ― MARCUS TULLIUS
36. “No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting.” — LADY MARY WORTLEY MONTAGU
37. “Reading well is one of the great pleasures that solitude can afford you.” ― HAROLD BLOOM
38. “Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.” ― ALBERT EINSTEIN
39. “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” ― MARK TWAIN
40. “Keep reading books, but remember that a book’s only a book, and you should learn to think for yourself.” — MAXIM GORKY
41. “Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world.” ― NAPOLÉON BONAPARTE
42. “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” — GEORGE R.R. MARTIN
43. “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” — RICHARD STEELE
44. “Books are the mirrors of the soul.” ― VIRGINIA WOOLF
45. “Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.” ― VOLTAIRE
46. “To read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries.” — A.C GRAYLING
47. “I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” ― JORGE LUIS BORGES
48.“Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” — FREDERICK DOUGLASS
49. “A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say.” ― ITALO CALVINO
Bayo is a digital content creator who works on behalf of various businesses and B&K MAG. He expresses his gratitude to everyone who has played a part in his professional and personal growth. Photography, travel and directing videos were an accidental passion but being a writer for Bonds and Kindness has always been the dream. He hopes you enjoy the site, you are the reason it exists.